Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Libaray assistaint

December 7,2009
today i had to put away a lot of books in the children's section as well as the adult area. it made me feel like i was helping them a lot and being a pretty good volunteer since i had put away so many books thus i had felt good after all the books were put away.

December 14,
today we didn't have as many books to put away but i did get to help them make x-mas tree ornaments and it put me in a happy mood by helping them. it also made me feel like i was making a difference at that library with all of my good ideas.

December 21,
again we focused mainly on selling the x-mas tree ornaments in order to use the money to help better fund the library. this made me feel important because i was helping my community by selling them hand made ornaments.

December 28,
after Christmas i had to make paper glasses for the kids at the new years eve party. this was really tedious work since i had to cut out every ******** piece of paper but at least it was mindless work so i could pass the time by listening to music.

January 5, 2010
today i had a plethora of homework to do so i could not stay for the full 2hrs and it made me feel bad because they still had work to do and i was not there to help them.

January 12,
today we had the shelves packed with books that had to be put away. it made me feel a little overwhelmed at first but good at the same time because i knew that if i didn't do it then they would have to thus it made me feel good that i could help them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment